Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Ugh!

Okay: my luggage officially sucks. It's not necessarily the weight, though it is quite heavy, it's the awkwardness. I've got that big backpack that I carry on my back, but then carrying that little backpack over one arm is way more difficult than I expected. My shoulder just isn't big enough for both straps, and because of the slippery nylon material, the little backpack keeps slipping off and I have to catch it in the crook of my elbow, until I put down my guitar case to free up my hands so I can readjust it. This makes the going very slow and tedious. I'm going to have to find a new strategy here. I guess if I carried the little backpack on my chest it could work. I'd look quite bizarre, but it's better than struggling to carry everything.

I was awoken this morning by a hyperactive chihuahua trying to lick my eye. After that wonderful welcome to the new day, I spent the late morning and early afternoon here at Espresso Royal, my East Lansing home-base. Four hours of studying GuaranĂ­ verbs later, I'm thinking I should move somewhere else. But every time I pack up to leave, someone I know comes in and sits down. It's like I'm being passed from person to person. I guess that's how you really know you're a regular.

No comments:

Post a Comment